Yep, I knew my husband would be totally shocked about me starting up a blog. He said, "Wow, your actually doing something kind of creative!" My hubby of all people knows that I am not a creative person, then he proceded to say, "I think it's kind of neat!" I love to impress my man and this... was a success!
This morning a very loud vehicle drove down our street. I thought, "Wow that was loud and annoying, but oh good the kids are still sleeping." Then it drove by again, and again, and yet again!!! If I didn't know better I'd say his goal was to make sure we were all awake and ready to start our day before anyone was really wanting to be awake. So our day began a little after 8:30 (well for Smiles and I - the girls slept a little longer).
I'm excited because this is the first Saturday my husband has been off of work in over a month so tonight we are going to go to the Cheesecake Factory (with the kids) and then we'll rent a Red Box movie and hang out. Hooray to a hubby who doesn't have to survive a whole Sunday on 2 - 3 hours of sleep (since he does indeed work the thrid shift)!!!
Tomorrow will be a busy day... off to church at 9:30a.m, teaching Sunday School, teaching Children's Church, then heading to the nursing home where my husband will preach a short message, then back to church for our evening service - and THAT is when we get to sit back and listen to some good preaching - can't wait!
Sounds like a great weekend!! Busy but good. Don't you just love the inconsiderate people who obliviously do things like that? Gives you an opportunity to be thankful (like, at least it wasn't 5:30 in the morning right??) My blog link should show up if you click on my name. By the way, there are some super cute blog backgrounds and stuff at http://shabbyblogs.com/backgrounds.html :-)
ReplyDeleteBut, of course, YOU got to sit back and listen to some good preaching at the nursing home...right? ;) Hehe...
ReplyDeleteThanks Laura, I'll check it out. And your right I should be thankful that it wasn't 5:30 a.m.! Still annoying, but I shouldn't complain:o)
ReplyDeleteSarah how funny that you caught that too. Jared read this and said it sounded like his preaching wasn't going to be any good:o) When I have all 3 kids in a service with me I am slightly distracted so, I'm sure Jared's preaching was good (because it always is), but knew that being at the nursing home I probably wouldn't really get to listen:o) How funny!
AND I love YOUR background. You and your sisters...are totally you...I mean, srsly, yours matches your toenails!!! Hahaha! :) And hers matches her classy black look. So fun! :)
ReplyDeleteSo I deleted my toenails and tried to get them back on and it keeps on coming back smaller??? Do you know how to get pictures to show up normal size?
ReplyDelete