Monday, November 15, 2010

God's Perfect Timing

When my husband and I were newly weds we talked about how many kids we wanted some day, he topped out at 2 and I often said 3 (at least). One day after having our first baby and seeing how wonderful it was to be a parent my hubby told me 3 would be okay and maybe even 4! Wow!!! So we had our family planned out, 3... maybe 4 kids, spaced out a couple of years in between, HAHA:o) Well #1, #2, and #3 were all surprises, though we knew we wanted them, just didn't expect them as quickly as each of them came, but we were grateful for each pregnancy and quickly became excited about each of them. We decided 4 would be our finishing point, unless we ended up getting a major baby itch (like when my sister has her 5th, which she is currently incubating #4), so 5 was a possibility, but not likely:o) So since the first 3 kids were perfectly spaced at 21 months each I decided, "Why not plan for #4 (and #5) to fit into this perfect spacing and make for some continuity?" Yeah, once again we were reminded that we don't make those decisions and boom they just happen. We passed that 21 month mark and 22 month mark with no baby... humm, this wasn't as easy as we expected. Well alas God had His plan and we got pregnant in God's timing (no more continuity). All this to say (and I know I mentioned this in my last entry), but it really goes to show that GOD is in control and I am glad he is! He has blessed us in wonderful ways and our children are one of our greatest sources of joy! I am so thankful for each one of them and the timing that God chose for them to come into our lives!

2 comments:

  1. So very true! I know Ive said this to you before but I didnt want my kids any furthur spaced than two years and thought it was strange when people had bigger age gaps... And what happened with my first two? All in Gods timing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) And now that you're having twins, Ange, I bet that gap btwn babies being a little bigger is more welcoming. :) God DOES know! ;)

    ReplyDelete